The purposes of the association are—
(1) to promote and support interest and knowledge in all forms of quilting,
(2) to promote fellowship among interested persons in all aspects of quilting,
(3) to preserve and continue the traditions and history of quilt making,
(4) to support and encourage innovation and new ideas in quilt making,
(5) to contribute to the knowledge of quilting techniques, textiles, patterns and quilt makers through a variety of formats
Ballaarat Quilters meet at 7.30pm at the G Place, English Street, Golden Point, Ballarat on the 2nd of each month excluding January. Brief business meetings are conducted on the 2nd Wednesday, with monthly show and tell of finished work and work in progress.
Activities which members are involved in are:
- Weekend quilt retreats – Ballaarat Quilters hold a group retreat each year
- Saturday/Sunday Sit and Sew
- Workshops – both local and other locations
- Ballaarat Quilters organise an open application retreat each year in August over two days/ two nights – BQW
- Members also attend retreats
- Bi-annual Quilt exhibitions
- Annual challenge
- Group raffle quilt with donations each year to local charities of the group’s choice.
Potential members are welcome to attend two meetings before a decision to apply for membership must be made.
Nightly Fee & Sit and Sew Days: $5.00
New Membership Fee: $30 (Annual Fee)
Existing Membership Fee: $25 (Annual Fee)
Name Badge: $10 (can be ordered after membership is paid – subject to price rises)
Ballaarat Quilters Inc,
PO Box 1581
Bakery Hill, 3354